Saturday, November 20, 2010

My Sister's Banana Bread

Ingredients:

1/2 c. margarine
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2-3 bananas, mashed


Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease & flour loaf pan. In large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and eggs. Measure out the flour and add the baking soda, mix together. Add dry ingredients to the butter/sugar/egg mixture and mix well. Add mashed bananas and mix until they are fully mixed through the batter. Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake 1 1/2 hours.

This is my sister Shari's recipe. I like it because it reminds me of my Grandma A's banana bread. I love bananas, but I really only like them when they are sorta green. So once they get ripe they usually just sit in the bowl on the table until we decide to bake some bread. My youngest daughter likes to make it, all on her own. It's a great treat for breakfast or an after-school or after-work snack.


Bonus: I decided to try it as muffins instead of a loaf. It worked great! I used cupcake liners and sprayed them with vegetable oil spray first. Then mixed everything up exactly as for bread. Then ladle into the 18 muffin cups. Your cooking time is only 40 minutes, and they came out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment