Friday, November 12, 2010

24-hour Italian Beef

Ingredients:

Beef roast (3-6 lbs)

2 c. water

1 pkg. au jus gravy mix

1 pkg. Italian dressing mix

1/3-1/2 of a 16oz. jar peperoncini



Combine water, gravy mix and dressing mix. Pour over roast in crockpot. Add peperoncini to taste, the more you add the spicier it will be. Cover and cook on low 12-15 hours - put it on before you go to bed. In the morning, shred beef with forks, forming strings. Cook on low an additional 10-12 hours. Serve on crusty Italian rolls. Top with shredded mozzarella or provolone.

My friend Renee' makes a version of this that I love. I decided to try to find a similar recipe. I found this and added the peperoncini for the added spice I was looking for - it is so delicious! It is great for a dinner when everyone is on the run, or when you're having a get-together with friends. It has such a home-y, slow-cooked taste - everyone loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment