Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Shrimp Scampi Spaghetti

Ingredients:
1 16oz. pkg spaghetti
1/2 stick butter or margarine
salt
2 Tblsp olive oil
1 lb. shrimp, large, peeled, deveined
4 cloves garlic, minced (I use 2 tsp of the prepared minced garlic in the jar)
pinch red pepper flakes
2 Tblsp lemon juice
1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
black pepper

Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling water. Melt butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Add garlic, pepper flakes, lemon juice and parsley. Cook till shrimp are just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain pasta and put in large bowl. Add the shrimp mixture and toss to coat the pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with grated parmesan.

Mom made this one night when I stopped over. It has 2 of my favorite foods - shrimp and pasta - so I had to have the recipe. She gave the recipe to me and I made it, and I couldn't believe how quick and easy it was, and it makes a great meal even for company - delicious. I make it almost weekly now. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm, yum! my kids love shrimp - this will have to go on the menu for next week!

    ReplyDelete